Thursday, July 21, 2016

Mug Love: My Testimony

This mug is my favorite. I've had it for more than 30 years. I got it when I was in pre-school. It was given to me by my teacher who was an older white woman. 

My family was going through a lot at that time and I became emotionally withdrawn. My Mom prayed and prayed for me so God blessed me with an awesome teacher who saw something in me. I don't remember the words she spoke over my life but my mom saw me slowly come back to a joyful child. 

Even though I don't remember the teacher's words, this mug sums up that she believed in me and she didn't care about the color of my skin. The Jesus in her loved me back to life. 
Tonight as I was drinking tea out of this mug I was thinking, 'what if her heart was filled with hate instead of love because of my skin color?' I wouldn't be enjoying tea out of this mug and I think my life would be completely different in a bad way. 

All it took was one touch of TRUE LOVE for this teacher to change my life. I'm grateful to God she didn't let hate fill her heart but love. 
Spreading love and not hate causes more change. 
www.onetouchoflove.com


No comments:

Be Thankful

The light bulb has finally cut on which is why I am able to write this blog. The things I understand and have been delivered from are what...