Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Do Not Fear Being Too Holy

Jesus says in the Bible "Be Holy as I am Holy". He does not say be Holy but make sure you keep up with what the world is doing so people will not think you are too Holy. Many Christians use that as an excuse to continue to compromise with the world's ways. They call themselves Christians but still test the waters with drinking, listening to music, and going to the club for example.

I am not saying do not go out and have fun but don't compromise with the world. I love football and I enjoy going to the games but it does not embarrass me that I do not know the songs they play any more. It makes me proud to know that when majority of the stadium sings the songs I do not know them because I am not a crowd pleaser but a God pleaser. I am not afraid of standing out like a sore thumb.

As Christians we are to be different and not blend in with the world. If standing out and representing Jesus to people means being different then so be it. I am not going to loose my soul to gain the world. I do not need to keep up with the world to know what is going on in it. Looking at the people when I go different places lets me know what is happening. Looking at the news lets me know what is happening. Most importantly the Word and the Holy Spirit let me know what is happening.

Being a Christian is not just talking the talk but also walking the walk. Surrender your whole heart to Him not just some of it but all.

No comments:

Be Thankful

The light bulb has finally cut on which is why I am able to write this blog. The things I understand and have been delivered from are what...