Sunday, September 26, 2010

Are You A Closet Eater?

We have heard of anorexia and anemia as food disorders but there is one that is new to the scene. It is called closet eating which is binge eating but in private. Some type of eating disorder affects 10% to 15% of women in the United States. The disorder growing more popular is closet binge eating. The difference between binge eaters and closet binge eaters is the mental state of the person. Binge eaters overeat anywhere, any time of the day no matter who is looking. They are not ashamed that they are overeating. Closet binge eaters are more sneaky and try to hide the fact that they overeat which is dangerous.

Closet binge eaters mainly over eat due to emotions. They eat more if they have had a stressful day by sneaking food. If this sounds like something you do, then beware. Closet binge eating is dangerous because it can cause unwanted weight gain suddenly. A person my think they can afford to sneak a binge but then it becomes regular. Before the person knows it they have gained weight and become unhealthy.

The best way to prevent this is self control. A person should find other ways to handle stress instead of sneaking food. Exercise is a good way to handle stress with out gaining weight. It is better to sneak away and do jumping jacks or run on the stairway at work. Do things to improve your health not hurt it. 



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am a severe closet eater and knows it. I just can't seem to find the will to stop. I can repeat to myself, don't eat it, and it will work for a second but then I give in to my bad habit and eat. I do have a fairly stressful life as a working, married mother of three ages 2, 3, and 6. I can't find the will to stop or to start an exercise routine. Please, please, someone give me some more ideas on what to try. I desperately need help.

Healthy Life Style for Women said...

Hello. Please email me privately at talisashannon@gmail.com so I can help you better with your closet eating.

Be Thankful

The light bulb has finally cut on which is why I am able to write this blog. The things I understand and have been delivered from are what...