Saturday, December 5, 2015

Hard Spoken vs. Soft Spoken

A loud, vicious lion running after me would scare me frozen. I would know what to do but stand there and make an ugly mess in my pants. However, if a soft, meowing kitten came running after me I wouldn't be afraid. I would try to help it by giving it something to eat or drink.

We as women can be the same way with our attitudes. We can be a loud, vicious lion or a soft, meowing kitten. I have been both in my life.

The times when I was loud and vicious, nothing got accomplished. I was not heard or loved in returned, I was feared. The people ran from me without an ounce of concern because I was giving off anger and they were afraid.

On the other end of the spectrum when I gave a soft meow, I was heard. I didn't have to put on a big uproar to get attention. Being soft spoken got me more then what I needed.


I went to the grocery store and being that I have a family of eight to shop for my grocery cart gets pretty full. I keep up with everything I buy so I knew what was in my cart. I was checking out and I always looks of people around me because of the amount of food I buy. I have stuff on the bottom layer of the cart it's so much. I had the divider up so that the casheir knew when to stop swiping but a box of cranberries made it over the divider some how. I didn't notice until I swiped my debit card and the cashier was helping load stuff into the bags. "I stated calmly those cranberries aren't mine." I turned and it looked at the lady behind me who had two other containers of cranberries that matched. I knew then what had happened. I paid for the cranberries. The cashier had a look of fear and panick on her face. I could have snapped but I didn't I remained calm. I knew the cranberries were on sale for $2.00. "I told the cashier, not to worry about it and I told the lady she can just have them." The lady, who was very nice, stated, "Oh wait here I have cash." She gave me $4.00. No, it isn't a large amount but it was double what I paid for them. I told her thank you and left.

When I got in the car I wondered what would have happened if I would been hard spoken to the cashier. I wondered if the outcome would have been worse if I had been rude. It probably would have been chaotic and I would have probably not gotten the extra.

I thanked God for delivering me from having a hard spoken spirit and giving me a soft spoken spirit. I was in control of that situation and I had the power with my words to make it good or bad. I chose good.

I hope this helps someone who is tired of finding themselves in chaotic situations. What are you speaking? What is your attitude? You have the power to change the situation by being either hard spoken or soft spoken woman.

No comments:

Be Thankful

The light bulb has finally cut on which is why I am able to write this blog. The things I understand and have been delivered from are what...