Tuesday, July 25, 2017

Dealt A Bad Hand

I was playing solitaire one night, chilling. I was getting exciting because everything was falling into place. The right cards were coming down and I was celebrating. I hit the card deck in the corner for the last time but the wrong cards fell. Ugh, I was so disappointed and I quit the game.
As I slammed my phone down on the table saying to myself, 'I'm never playing this stupid again', God spoke to me. He said this is exactly what happens to a lot of us in life. Everything is going great! Our families are healthy, job going good, no drama around.


Then suddenly here comes the bad hand.

The cars start breaking down, a pipe is leaking, lay offs on the job, spouse cheats, kids doing bad in school, a family member gets cancer and your sibling is mad at you. The country is having terrorist attacks. Do you slam the game of life down on the table and say I quit?

It's really tempting to quit when being dealt a bad hand but God tells us to hang in there, many times in His word. God wants us to know He is always there to protect His people. The key words are "His people." Psalms 125:1-2 says, Those who trust in the Lord are like Mount Zion, which cannot be move, but abides forever. As the mountains surround Jerusalem, so the Lord surrounds his people, from this time forth and forevermore."

Who are God's people? Those who believe in Him and His Word. Those who trust God always. Those who delight in the Lord. Life deals a bad hand to test the hearts of people to see if they truly trust God. It either draws people closer to God, making them stronger in faith or causes them to quit. Those who stand on their faith in God are not moved and God surrounds them. Their storms are temporary but those who quit or try to solve the problem themselves, cause more issues.

I picked up my phone and played solitaire again, I won the next game. If I had deleted the game from my phone then I would not have had the victory. I'm telling you the same thing, don't quit. Stand and keep trying at the hand of life with God on your side, you will have the victory.


No comments:

Be Thankful

The light bulb has finally cut on which is why I am able to write this blog. The things I understand and have been delivered from are what...