Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Does God Hear Me?



There were times in my life when I wondered did God hear me. It felt like the trial I was going through was never going to end. Instead of consistently crying out to God, I would try to fix my circumstances myself.

Fixing my own circumstances during these times was when I made the worst decisions.  Now, I'm not saying sit around and do nothing but don't make a rash decision on your emotions thinking God doesn't hear you. It will cost you.

An example of my rash decision making was after my first marriage ended. I was already dealing with insecurities and not being sure of my life. I couldn't be who God called me to be in that marriage and I was depressed because of it. I would yell and throw things in frustration, which was me trying to fix it my self. I didn't know who I was completely and I didn't know how to find out.
All of my decision making was based on his love for me instead of His love. Therefore when he told he didn't love me anymore it crushed me and instead of seeking out God for His love. I thought my life was over so I decided to take my own life. I had a prescription for a strong antihistamine for my, then, allergies. I don't remember how many I took, I know the bottle was empty.
I sat on the couch and waited to die.

I ended up passing out and hearing God's voice. He told me my life wasn't over and He had great plans for me. He heard my prayers. Then He told me to get up and call for help. That is what I did.
I got rushed to the emergency room and the nurse told I was lucky to not have stroked out. They cleaned out my system and I was fine the next day.

I know that it wasn't luck, but God saving my life and hearing my prayers. He healed me from my insecurities. He has healed me from my allergies. He healed me from that suicide attempt.
God hears your prayers. He's got you, even when it doesn't look like He does. Keep calling on Him and He will answer you.

No comments:

Be Thankful

The light bulb has finally cut on which is why I am able to write this blog. The things I understand and have been delivered from are what...