Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Does Detox Really Work?

The older I get the harder it seems to keep a steady weight. I have tried several detoxing methods that worked for a little while but didn't last. While detoxing is a fast, easy way to lose weight, it's not always permanent.
In order for any type of detox to work the most important part is what is consumed after. The three different types of detox I have tried are a complete 7 day fast, pills and smoothie.

1. Complete 7 day fast:

I did this at the beginning of the year, to not just detox but for spiritual clarity. I did it on a week when I was off four days out of a five day work week. Being off of work helped me because my co workers eating at their desk, the food that is brought in occasionally for sharing and the smell of the cafeteria food would have made break. I did drink lots of water and herbal tea. The first couple of day were hard. I had stomach cramps and felt weak. The third day I felt refreshed and had energy. I was able to cook for my kids an not be tempted to eat. I had lots of spiritual insight and awareness. I lost a total of thirteen pounds. After the fast I started out eating vegetables only. But then I gradually started back to my bad eating habits and gained all the weight back.

2. The pills:

I don't remember the brand of pills  I took but I didn't like it. I might as well have taken a laxative because that is what it felt like.  My stomach was cramping all the time, running to the restroom and I didn't feel like I was in control of my body. I didn't last on that method therefore I didn't lose any weight.

3. The smoothies:

 The smoothie fast has been the most effective for me. I can do a smoothie for one meal, one day or one week, depending on my need. It gives you the feeling of consuming something without that many calories. All of the nutrients from the fruit and vegetables cleans out your system. It is a good way to not just maintain but lose weight if you're trying to get into that nice outfit for a fancy event.

The book that I used as a guide is Green Smoothies For Life by J. J. Smith. This woman knows what she is talking about. The smoothies are cheap, delicious and easy. I the link to her book and my suggestions for smoothie makers below. I have a bullet that works great for my meal smoothies. For the smoothies I want to last all day I use my blender. I hope this


No comments:

Be Thankful

The light bulb has finally cut on which is why I am able to write this blog. The things I understand and have been delivered from are what...