Tuesday, May 11, 2010

The Key to Successful Weight Loss

The  #1 key to successful weight loss is consistency. 


Staying consistent means maintaining a balanced diet for the rest of our lives. It may sound frustrating, maybe almost impossible but I am here to tell you it isn't. I used to look at women on television with their perfectly chiseled bodies and get all depressed because I could not look like that. I have learned that I could if I stuck with it. I made it a habit to count calories, including drinks. I make it a point to exercise five times a week. I am in better shape then I have ever have been and I am turning thirty next month. I treat myself to some high calorie foods about once a week. I advise that treating yourself should not be done until you reach the weight you want or you completely trust yourself. Early on in my journey treating my self for one meal would turn into one day of high calorie foods, then a week. Next thing I knew I had gained three pounds back. Then I was right back to square one.

A good way to get into practice is to make an eating schedule. Planning out your meals in advance is a great to keep track of what you eat. Many weight loss programs, like Nutri System use this method. It helps the person to stay focused on what they had already planned to eat, drink and snack on.
Another thing that helps me stay consistent in my eating habits is keeping a picture on hand of someone famous whose body I admire. Disclaimer, this is a healthy admiration. There is a difference between comparing yourself to someone and it puts you down. A healthy admiration is comparing yourself, but it pushes you to better yourself.

I have a picture of Regina King in the bathroom next to my scale. She is thirty nine and she says she is in the best shape she has ever been in. Every time I get a craving for something sweet out side my schedule I run to the bathroom to look at the picture. It helps keep me focused. I am not doing it to compare myself to her but it gives me a vision of the goal I have for myself.

Remember women it does not happen over night. It takes time to develop good consistent habits. YOU CAN DO IT!

26 comments:

Anonymous said...

Woh I enjoy your articles, saved to favorites!

Anonymous said...

This is a topic which is near to my heart...

Cheers! Exactly where are your contact details
though?

Anonymous said...

I was able to find good advice from your articles.

Anonymous said...

Hi there friends, its great post on the topic of teachingand completely defined, keep it up all the time.

Anonymous said...

Hmm it seems like your website ate my first comment (it
was super long) so I guess I'll just sum it up what I submitted
and say, I'm thoroughly enjoying your blog. I as well am an aspiring blog blogger but
I'm still new to the whole thing. Do you have any tips for first-time blog writers?
I'd really appreciate it.

Anonymous said...

you're truly a excellent webmaster. The site loading speed is
amazing. It seems that you're doing any unique trick.
Moreover, The contents are masterpiece. you've performed a fantastic
activity in this subject!

Anonymous said...

Very nice article. I definitely appreciate this website.
Thanks!

Anonymous said...

I cherished up to you will obtain performed right here.

The sketch is tasteful, your authored material stylish.

however, you command get bought an edginess over that you wish be
handing over the following. ill for sure come more formerly once more since precisely the same just
about a lot ceaselessly inside case you shield this hike.

Anonymous said...

Marvelous, what a weblog it is! This blog presents
valuable facts to us, keep it up.

Anonymous said...

Good day! I could have sworn I've been to this website before but
after going through a few of the articles I realized it's new to me.
Nonetheless, I'm certainly happy I found it and I'll be book-marking it and checking back regularly!

Anonymous said...

Whoah this blog is magnificent i love reading your posts.
Stay up the good paintings! You realize, many persons are looking
around for this info, you can aid them greatly.

Anonymous said...

Hello! I'm at work browsing your blog from my new iphone
3gs! Just wanted to say I love reading through your blog and look forward to all your
posts! Carry on the fantastic work!

Anonymous said...

But wanna comment that you have a very decent web
site, I enjoy the pattern it actually stands out.

Anonymous said...

This is a great tip particularly to those new to the blogosphere.
Short but very precise info... Thanks for sharing this one.
A must read article!

Anonymous said...

Hey just wanted to give you a quick heads up and let you know a few of the
pictures aren't loading correctly. I'm not sure why
but I think its a linking issue. I've tried it in two different
browsers and both show the same outcome.

Anonymous said...

Whoa! This blog looks exactly like my old one! It's on a completely
different topic but it has pretty much the same layout and
design. Great choice of colors!

Anonymous said...

Amazing! Its in fact amazing article, I have got much clear idea
regarding from this paragraph.

Anonymous said...

That is really attention-grabbing, You're an excessively skilled blogger.
I've joined your rss feed and look forward to in quest
of extra of your wonderful post. Additionally, I have shared your website in my social networks

Anonymous said...

Does your blog have a contact page? I'm having problems locating it but, I'd like to shoot you an e-mail.
I've got some recommendations for your blog you might be interested in hearing.
Either way, great site and I look forward to seeing it improve
over time.

Talisa Lauray said...

Thanks everyone for your feedback! My email is info@onetouchoflove.com

Anonymous said...

Your mode of describing the whole thing in this article is in fact
nice, every one be able to without difficulty know it, Thanks a lot.

Anonymous said...

There is definately a great deal to know about this issue.

I like all of the points you have made.

Anonymous said...

Hello everybody, here every one is sharing these kinds of know-how, therefore it's good to read
this blog, and I used to go to see this blog all the
time.

Anonymous said...

This paragraph is genuinely a fastidious one it helps new
web viewers, who are wishing for blogging.

Anonymous said...

Its like you read my mind! You appear to know a lot approximately this, such as
you wrote the ebook in it or something. I believe that you simply can do with a few percent
to pressure the message home a bit, however other than that, that is fantastic blog.
A great read. I'll definitely be back.

Anonymous said...

Exactly what I was looking for, thanks for posting.

Be Thankful

The light bulb has finally cut on which is why I am able to write this blog. The things I understand and have been delivered from are what...