Thursday, September 2, 2010

What Do Your Clothes Say About You?




I was at my nephew's high school football game last week and was shocked. My husband and I were both taken by surprise the way the girls were dressed. He said, "These girls are in high school?" My first reaction was, "Yeah, and?" with a neck roll giving him attitude that I apologized for later because he was right. The girls were dressed way to revealing. I'm thinking where are these girls' mommas? It wasn't just one click, or a couple of girls here and there, it was everywhere. It wasn't even that hot outside. Those girls were sending the absolute wrong message that I know they do not want to deal with. They were to young to deal with the messages they were sending. I know first hand cause I dealt with those messages and ended up pregnant before I could take care of myself.

Ladies, I am here to tell you the messages you are sending by dressing provocative it is not worth it. My husband told me that men are hunters by nature, so they are going to look no matter what you have on. What message are you sending to the hunter by the way you dress. Are you saying, "Yoo Whoo, I'm right here come get it. You don't have to work hard for it. I am available." The message you should be sending is, "If you like it you better put a ring on it and on yours before this is available. Your going to have to work hard for it baby."

Now, I am not saying start dressing all manly either. Some women need to feminize their wardrobe up a little bit. I like my baggy jeans and oversized t's on occasion but I also like to dress up. You might be thinking well clothes don't make me who I am. Well no, but people will view you how you view yourself. If you view yourself as a one night stand woman and dress like that then that is the message you are sending to people.

I hate to be so blunt but somebody has to be. The lust in this world is getting worse and dressing provocative does not help. The excuse of that is all they sell in the stores has got to stop also. They still sell boot cut jeans in stores and not just skinny jeans.

Respect yourself and you will be respected. Remember you are a precious jewel made by God.




1 comment:

Toya said...

Talisa, I totally agree with you. I am here in Memphis, Tn and "wow" I was sitting with another football mom and our husband's were with us and I leaned over to ask her, "where are these girls parents?" I have a daughter that's a senior this year and I have always taught her not to be so revealing to where the boys won't have and imagination. I really wish the parents would take a stand to teach their sons and daughters what's right.

Be Thankful

The light bulb has finally cut on which is why I am able to write this blog. The things I understand and have been delivered from are what...