Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Lessons From Our Kids

I have talked about this before in blogs about when observing my kids I learn about myself. Today I learned another lesson, from my son. He is two in a half, full of joy and energy. He is also very curious and adventurous. He can also be very destructive. He loves trains and has a book about them that he loves so much. Today he was looking at the pictures but I guess he wanted to see what would happen if he tore the page. I saw that he was getting ready to start tearing it and of course I tried to stop him. My trying to stop him did not do its job. His curiosity out weighed my warning.
After the page was torn into two, he realized what he had done. His facial expression was so heartbreaking, he looked like he had lost his best friend. He cried and got mad at me! I told him I tried to tell you not to do it but you did it anyway. He wanted me to fix it but I could not, why, because I have no clear tape. So now he is going to have to wait until I get some more tape.

How many of us have done that?
We made a wrong choice out of disobedience and when we saw the damage we had done blamed it on something else. I have done that many times. Instead of blaming someone else it is better to take a moment and evaluate yourself. Once I realized it was me I was able to repent and wait patiently for the problem to be fixed. I put the problem in God's hands. He is such a loving God, He forgave me so I faithfully trusted and waited on Him then He fixed it. He will also do the same for you.
That was a great observation I learned from watching my child. Take the time to observe your children today to see what lesson God shows you.

No comments:

Be Thankful

The light bulb has finally cut on which is why I am able to write this blog. The things I understand and have been delivered from are what...