Saturday, April 11, 2015

Home Plate

My son is six years old and he had his first baseball game today. His first time  to bat he hit the ball and stood there with amazement. I think he was shocked he hit the ball because it seemed like he was frozen. The coaches and everyone yelled, "RUN!!!". He took off running so fast that he didn't stop at the bases to see where the ball was. He hit second base and the coach told him to stop but he was determined to make it home. Slowing down was not an option for him. The other team scrambled around with the ball trying to get him out. By the time the opposing team came close to getting him, my son was safe at home.

My son went from plate to plate running through all the chaos, focused on his goal of the home plate. This is the same attitude we should have about life. When there is chaos all around trying to take us out, it is time to focus, and keep running. The Bible says in Philipians 3:12-14 12 Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already arrived at my goal, but I press on to take holdof that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me. 13 Brothers and sisters, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, 14 I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.

Keep pressing toward whatever your goal maybe, whether it is spiritual, financial, emotional, or relationships. Keep running toward your home plate. 


No comments:

Be Thankful

The light bulb has finally cut on which is why I am able to write this blog. The things I understand and have been delivered from are what...