Tuesday, July 25, 2017

How To Get To The Finish Line

 
I posted the above scripture on Google Plus a couple of days ago and I am grateful for the comments that were on there. Some the comments were needing more information about running the race of this life.
Running a race makes a person tired, breathless and the feeling of wanting to quit. We must look at the cause of feeling breathless and tired during a race. Are your clothes too heavy? Do you have on the right shoes? Did you take your eyes off of the finish line?
These same questions can be asked in life. What is causing us to get off track? Why am I sick? Why do I feel sad all the time? Why do I never have enough money? When these things come up the race of life get tough to run. Look around you. Evaluate your life. What is throwing you off track? Some of the questions to ask are you keeping a budget? Are you spending too much time watching television? Are you focused on a goal?
Don't just look around you, look inside of you. Do you have unforgiveness in your heart toward someone or maybe yourself? Do you have a giving heart? Do you have faith? Are you focused on the goal of Jesus?
I know that this post is full of questions but I think it is important evaluate our selves often. I believe that there is improvement after the evaluation because of the ah ha moments when we see ourselves. My own personal story a year ago I was struggling to get promoted on my job. I had to go back and look over my work to see what I could correct. I had an ahha moment on what I was doing wrong. I fixed it and couple of months later I got promoted. I kept my eye on the goal, evaluated myself, learned and reached my goal.
The answer to completing any race in life is in the next verse. Hebrews 12:2 fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith. For the joy set before him he endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. 
Fix your eyes on Jesus. He is waiting for you at the finish line. He has water for your thirst. What I am saying is He has all of the answers to your problems, therefore run toward Him.

<

No comments:

Be Thankful

The light bulb has finally cut on which is why I am able to write this blog. The things I understand and have been delivered from are what...