Wednesday, March 7, 2018

Change Your Mind

Do you have a hard time making up your mind? I'm not talking about what you should eat for dinner but the deeper things like should I marry this person or should I move to this town. If you have issues trying to figure out the hard answers in life, don't fret, because there is a solution.

The Bible says in Romans 12:2 HCSB "Do not be conformed to this age, but be transformed by the renewing of your min
d, so that you may discern what is the good, pleasing, and perfect will of God." Most ministers only recite the first part of the scripture "be transformed by the renewing of your mind" but the why is in the second part. Renew your mind so that you will know God's perfect will for your life. Immediately our first response is yeah right, there is no way to know God's perfect will for my life when I have screwed it up already. 

Okay, may be that was just my response, but if I'm not alone, believe the Word of God is true. I had to renew my mind to think on God's word and to focus on His promises for my life. God's Word says that I'm "fearfully and wonderfully made" and since it says that's who I am, I'm going to believe it. If someone treats me less than that then they are not the one I should marry. God said I'm going to prosper and if my job doesn't pay what will allow me to prosper then maybe it's time to look somewhere else. The Bible says I am healed, but if I'm not taking care of my body that allows me to be healed then I need to start because of this promise.

This is what it means to renew your mind so you know God's will for life. The only way to renew your mind is to become familiar with His promises for your life by spending time in His word. Change your mind by aligning it up with the Word of God.  

No comments:

Be Thankful

The light bulb has finally cut on which is why I am able to write this blog. The things I understand and have been delivered from are what...